Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- For St. Patrick's Day, Canadian redditor asks if anyone in r/ireland can visit the grave of his uncle in Dublin. Irish redditor obliges. (r/bestof)
- Do happier usernames receive more upvotes? (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- On r/askreddit, an image is now officially not considered a valid answer to a question. (r/MetaHub)
- The Internet's favorite mayor, Cory Booker, hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- Director Danny Boyle hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- What will today's historians be criticized by future historians for? (r/AskHistorians)
- "What is an astronaut's day in space like?" asks an actual 5-year-old. (r/explainlikeimfive)
- Toothpaste can clean teeth, prevent plaque buildup, and... deodorize hands? (r/LifeProTips)
Behind the sprawling art installation in Chicago you can control with your phone
Meet the mad scientists of Chicago’s urban renewal movement.
From poppy seed to pineapple: My adventures with a pregnancy-tracking app
Imagining a whole pineapple inside my uterus really puts this pregnancy thing in perspective.
The new Scarlet Letter
From Ashley Madison to the Rentboy.com raid, slut-shaming has gone viral.
'Hannibal' is subverting everything we know about male relationships
Bryan Fuller's serial killer fever dream has evolved a male friendship unlike anything else on television.
Sony's Xperia Z5 will feature an insane 4K resolution display
So many pixels, so little screen.
Facebook Likes can paint a very intimate picture of who we are
'It's much more difficult to monitor your appearances and opinions in years of your Facebook history.'
Artificial intelligence can make any photo look like a famous painting
Many people are skeptical about technologies that can reproduce objects quickly and accurately.
If you're feeling depressed, don't look at your phone
It's easy to reach for it. Here's why you shouldn't.
Visualizing the complex, invisible web of wireless signals that surround us
It's so easy to forget about this hidden technology.
Turkish court charges Vice News journalists with 'aiding' ISIS terrorists
Human-rights groups have called on Turkey to release the journalists.
Texas sheriff links Black Lives Matter mentality to fatal shooting of deputy
A Black Lives Matter organizer says the sheriff is politicizing a tragedy.
Why Donald Trump's 2016 candidacy is probably already doomed
Trump is riding high in the polls. History shows that won't last.
China and Russia use data breaches to unmask U.S. spies, officials say
U.S. data breaches are helping foreign spies identify who's who.
Bernie Sanders closes in on Hillary Clinton: A look at the numbers
Bernie Sanders is gaining on Hillary Clinton—but there's one key metric where he falls flat.
Bear Grylls will teach President Obama how to survive in the wilderness
Next up: a cameo on 'Survivor'?