Also in today's Reddit Digest: Happy usernames and upvotes, 5-year-olds and astronauts, toothpaste as soap substitute.
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- For St. Patrick's Day, Canadian redditor asks if anyone in r/ireland can visit the grave of his uncle in Dublin. Irish redditor obliges. (r/bestof)
- Do happier usernames receive more upvotes? (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- On r/askreddit, an image is now officially not considered a valid answer to a question. (r/MetaHub)
- The Internet's favorite mayor, Cory Booker, hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- Director Danny Boyle hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- What will today's historians be criticized by future historians for? (r/AskHistorians)
- "What is an astronaut's day in space like?" asks an actual 5-year-old. (r/explainlikeimfive)
- Toothpaste can clean teeth, prevent plaque buildup, and... deodorize hands? (r/LifeProTips)
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
Angry woman riding Splash Mountain was born to be a meme
Splash Mountain sucks. It’s, like, six seconds of actual ride. It features the jankiest animatronics in the entire amusement park. The line is always way too long, and there’s a chance you’ll spend the rest of the day soaked in that dirty, recycled log-flume water. It’s a bottom-tier attraction propped up by the same weird nostalgia that convinces people the Haunted Mansion is still a worthy endeavor in 2016. Seriously, fuck Splash Mountain.
The Latest From Daily Dot Video