Cory Booker, the Internet's favorite mayor, does an AMA
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- For St. Patrick's Day, Canadian redditor asks if anyone in r/ireland can visit the grave of his uncle in Dublin. Irish redditor obliges. (r/bestof)
- Do happier usernames receive more upvotes? (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- On r/askreddit, an image is now officially not considered a valid answer to a question. (r/MetaHub)
- The Internet's favorite mayor, Cory Booker, hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- Director Danny Boyle hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- What will today's historians be criticized by future historians for? (r/AskHistorians)
- "What is an astronaut's day in space like?" asks an actual 5-year-old. (r/explainlikeimfive)
- Toothpaste can clean teeth, prevent plaque buildup, and... deodorize hands? (r/LifeProTips)
First, let's get rid of all the workplace perks
Would employees rather have craft beer or better pay?
Stop saying the Oregon shooter's name
Is that how the victims would want to be remembered—by the man who killed them?
Chris Mintz is an American hero—but can someone tell Ben Carson he shouldn’t have to be?
American heroes shouldn't be risking their lives because the government can't solve our gun problems.
T-Mobile CEO blasts Microsoft for alleged AT&T exclusivity deal
The Twitter rampage did not mince words.
Netflix is about to increase the price of its most popular subscription
The standard plan will cost $10.
This startup open-sourced its diversity policies so others can copy them and iterate
It's a starter kit for HR policies that can make startups more diverse.
Amazon's 'Handmade' will battle Etsy for online craft dominance
The battle of the handmade merchandise is on.
Google just bought abcdefghijklmnopqrstu- vwxyz.com
Google is really taking the alphabet thing seriously.
Facebook's 'Dislike' button has evolved, and here's what it looks like now
You'll soon be able to express emotions for each post and comment.
Body cam footage shows Ohio police officer getting shot in the chest
The Cleveland officer pleaded with the suspect while trying to save his life.
Hillary Clinton's email server was vulnerable for years, IT firm says
The FBI reportedly told the company this year not to encrypt Clinton's emails.
Spencer Stone, French train attack 'hero,' stabbed in Sacramento
Spencer Stone's is in stable condition after being stabbed multiple times.
Iranian 'threat group' reportedly behind ring of fake LinkedIn profiles
The purported hackers behind these attacks don't actually need a job, it turns out.
'Dozens' of terror suspects used encryption to beat FBI, director says
The push against encryption continues.
Kevin McCarthy: Where he stands on NSA, cybersecurity, patent reform
Kevin McCarthy is the leading candidate to become House Speaker. Here's what that could mean for tech policy.
Kevin McCarthy and the House Republican meltdown, explained
This is basically just a 'Veep' episode at this point.