Chuck Palahniuk hosts a Reddit AMA
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Reddit reacts to the fertilizer plant explosion near Waco, Texas. (r/worldnews)
- Books are now suggesting Reddit as a form of website promotion. (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- Author Chuck Palahniuk hosts an AMA, but doesn't talk about hosting an AMA. (r/IAMA)
- Redditor who won a netbook computer gifts it to a fellow redditor. (r/bestof)
- Man featured in a r/cringepics submission shows up in the thread to defend his fedora. (r/SubredditDrama)
- Has the media ever successfully influenced cultural beliefs or the actions of a national leader? (r/AskHistorians)
- r/explainlikeimfive explains why people hate Comic Sans font. (r/explainlikeimfive)
- Men of Reddit discuss waifus. (r/AskMen)
- Women of Reddit discuss whether or not they want children. (r/AskWomen)
The trials and tribulations of ‘kidnapped’ startup founder Mayer Mizrachi
The nightmare, it seemed, was finally coming to an end. Today, Mizrachi's future is anything but certain.
Don't spy on your kids and other social media lessons from VidCon
Building trust in the age of a million apps.
The KernelHow Romania brought broadband to a whole country—and who got left behind
For more than 30 years, a U.S. government program has helped provide connectivity to the poor. It recently expanded to provide broadband access—but critics want to shut it down.Presented by The Kernel
Artist draws a Rey-a-Day in amazing ‘Star Wars’ fanart series
There's no end in sight for this stunning fanart project.
What's new in The Division's Underground expansion
This is a make or break moment for The Division.
J.K. Rowling debuts the 4 houses at the American wizarding school Ilvermorny
J.K. Rowling's latest Pottermore post includes a ton of new information about wizarding America.
'Suicide Squad' is more popular than 'Harry Potter' and 'Star Trek' on social media
Who knew fans were more excited about 'Suicide Squad' than the classics?
Hands-on preview: Farpoint may be the virtual reality first person shooter that gets it right
A brand new controller may be the key to proper FPS games in VR.
Petition calls for 'Star Wars' to include LGBT character in memory of Orlando victim
The victim was a huge 'Star Wars' fan.
The secret life of K-pop fans over 30
K-pop thrives on youth, and older fans find it's hard to catch the hallyu wave.
Save 30 percent on SainSonic's futuristic bone conduction headphones
This gives new meaning to getting a song stuck in your head.
Daily deals: Logitech computer gear, Pebble smartwatches, and more on sale today
Steam isn't the only company offering crazy gaming deals this week.
This looks like a camera lens, but it's actually a self-stirring coffee mug
Let the coffee stir itself, so you can get back to snapping.