Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Filmmaker Justin "The Viking" Wren, whose video documenting the freeing of slaves in the Congo went viral thanks to the power of Reddit, makes it to Jimmy Kimmel and The Today Show. He also makes it to r/iAMA. (r/IAMA)
- Redditors share the creepiest facts they know. (r/askreddit)
- In an AMA on r/panthers, a Carolina Panthers player agrees to appear at a redditor's birthday party during the off-season. (r/bestof)
- How does our solar system move through space? (r/AskScience)
- Using the power of Amazon, YouTube, and discount grocery stores, r/LifeProTips helps college students eat healthy for less than $30 per week. (r/LifeProTips)
- What simple things do the ladies of Reddit enjoy? (r/AskWomen)
- Why doesn't the price of car insurance drop the longer you're a good driver? (r/explainlikeimfive)
Kentucky man shoots down drone spying on 16-year-old daughter
Drone pilots take notice: The world is not your playground.
Baby elephant playing with birds will instantly brighten your day
This baby elephant calf is having so much fun.
Jon Stewart and Louis C.K. did surprise standup sets at New York's Comedy Cellar
Jon Stewart briefly returned to his first job in entertainment.
Mega Man 4 race comes down to wild photo finish
In which the Summer Games Done Quick gaming marathon goes off the rails.
West Virginians lead effort to support hero sex worker who shot serial killer
Heather is still living in the apartment where serial killer Neal Falls attacked her. But not for long.
Why letting an app stalk your exes for you is a terrible idea
Haven't you people ever heard of closing a GD door?
Ronda Rousey loves her body, isn't a 'do-nothing b***h'
Her opponents may want to throw in the towel.
‘The A-Team’ credit sequence remade in Grand Theft Auto V is fantastic
1980s ensemble-cast action show, Rockstar Games-style.
The viral video smear campaign against Planned Parenthood is a war on poor women
If the hackers succeed, low-income women will be forced to pay a price they can’t afford.
How Portals is forging connections in the most unlikely places
Part art installation and part social experiment, these gold shipping containers are wired and ready to recapture the random intimacy we’ve lost.
Hyperwalk is the latest in teen transportation
From Vine stars to the YouNow elite, Hyperwalks were everywhere in Anaheim.
VidCon's Creator track wants to foster the next generation of YouTube stars
New programming fills the void between what Community means at VidCon and what Industry feels like.
Pastel hair was the literal highlight of VidCon 2015
Soft grunge hair was all the rage.
Hank Green on the future of VidCon and his own creative goals
Five questions with Hank Green.
Connor Franta's new label focuses on music curated by digital influencers
Franta has already tested out the concept.
Of content and controversy at VidCon 2015
Content creation is king—but the biggest YouTube convention around knows change is key too.