The Carolina Panthers are about to crash a redditor's birthday
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Filmmaker Justin "The Viking" Wren, whose video documenting the freeing of slaves in the Congo went viral thanks to the power of Reddit, makes it to Jimmy Kimmel and The Today Show. He also makes it to r/iAMA. (r/IAMA)
- Redditors share the creepiest facts they know. (r/askreddit)
- In an AMA on r/panthers, a Carolina Panthers player agrees to appear at a redditor's birthday party during the off-season. (r/bestof)
- How does our solar system move through space? (r/AskScience)
- Using the power of Amazon, YouTube, and discount grocery stores, r/LifeProTips helps college students eat healthy for less than $30 per week. (r/LifeProTips)
- What simple things do the ladies of Reddit enjoy? (r/AskWomen)
- Why doesn't the price of car insurance drop the longer you're a good driver? (r/explainlikeimfive)
Donald Trump is right about the Middle East
Believe it or not, Trump has a point about Iraq.
The digital future of work is leaving the poor behind
Telecommuting is putting an end to long commutes—for everyone but those who need it most.
A drunk man's assault on a robot raises unusual legal issues
When he kicked a robotic store clerk last month, Kiichi Ishikawa opened up an academic can of worms.
How to use Twitter Moments
Get your daily dose of information a whole lot easier.
Microsoft's new Band is more expensive and more comfortable than its first
Microsoft's smartwatch alternative lost weight, but gained a higher price
Microsoft unveils the Surface Book, a true MacBook competitor
Microsoft is launching a hybrid notebook with Apple-like pricing.
Microsoft HoloLens might be the future of video gaming
It's impossible to watch this demo and not want to play with HoloLens right now.
Facebook plans to beam Internet to Africa from space
It's the company's first satellite to connect the world.
Mike Huckabee calls on Christians to boycott Frito-Lay over Rainbow Doritos
Huckabee once called Americans 'economic terrorists' for boycotting Chick-fil-A.
DOJ to track U.S. police killings with new open-source system
The effort to track police violence will soon get some major help.
Hillary Clinton tries to flip the script on Benghazi in first 2016 ad
For Democrats, McCarthy's remarks are the gift that keeps on giving.
Democrats beat Republicans on Facebook grammar, Grammarly study shows
When you argue about politics on Facebook, everyone loses.
European court throws out U.S.–E.U. data-sharing pact over NSA surveillance
This could have major consequences on both sides of the pond.
4chan 'beta uprising' spreads countless threats of more school massacres
4chan's /r9k/ imageboard has completely lost it.
Black professor under fire for Ben Carson tweet containing racial slur
Butler's remark was likely aimed at the NASCAR culture and not Carson himself.