Also in today's Reddit Digest: r/Boston reacts, mods rejigger the front page, and r/randomactsofpizza delivers.
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- r/Boston reacts to the explosions at the Boston Marathon, starting with this thread. (r/Boston)
- A volunteer of the Boston Marathon hosts an AMA from the explosion site. (r/IAMA)
- Reddit admins, in response to the Boston Marathon explosions, have temporarily made r/news a default subreddit. (r/MetaHub)
- r/randomactsofpizza helps out those affected by the explosions in Boston. (r/bestof)
- Which actor or actress deserves a major comeback? (r/movies)
- How was sliced bread initially perceived by the public? Was it really the best thing? (r/AskHistorians)
- r/AskScience lists what is actually known about the correlation between violence and video games. (r/askscience)
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
Angry woman riding Splash Mountain was born to be a meme
Splash Mountain sucks. It’s, like, six seconds of actual ride. It features the jankiest animatronics in the entire amusement park. The line is always way too long, and there’s a chance you’ll spend the rest of the day soaked in that dirty, recycled log-flume water. It’s a bottom-tier attraction propped up by the same weird nostalgia that convinces people the Haunted Mansion is still a worthy endeavor in 2016. Seriously, fuck Splash Mountain.
Runner with muscular dystrophy finished the Boston Marathon at 4am
Maickel Melamed, a college professor from Venezuela, crossed the finish line for the Boston Marathon at 4:00 this morning, a grueling 20 hours after the starting gun went off yesterday morning.