Also in today's Reddit Digest: parody subreddits, movie flops, and drama in r/Australia.
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- r/TheoryOfReddit discusses parody subreddits. (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- Justin Lee, who played Annyong on Arrested Development, says "hello" and hosts an AMA. (r/IAMA)
- The song "Yesterday," performed by hip-hop collective Atmosphere, inspires a redditor to make peace with his father. (r/bestof)
- Drama erupts on r/Australia between a redditor and, uh, himself. (r/SubredditDrama)
- When did "traditional Italian" food become the norm in Italy? (r/AskHistorians)
- Do lights attached to dimmer switches use less electricity? (r/AskScience)
- How do movie flops get released? (r/explainlikeimfive)
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
Amtrak train smashes truck carrying a lifetime supply of bacon
An Amtrak train carrying 203 passengers collided on Friday afternoon with a truck hauling tens of thousands of pounds of bacon. There were no immediate reports of injuries.
Big Bird broke our hearts today
Reddit Ask Me Anything sessions (AMAs) can be somewhat of a mixed bag. Sometimes the celebrities invited to do a session spend the entire time focused on their latest project while crudely sidestepping the questions that matter most to the audience; other times they decide to give in to their fandoms and subsequently break the Internet.
The Latest From Daily Dot Video