Construction workers disapprove of Miley's 'Wrecking Ball' video
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- In case you missed it, here’s a recap of Miley Cyrus’ appearance on SNL.
- And here’s the latest Miley/Sinéad mashup. (See also: Amanda Palmer’s live version).
- Wonder what construction workers think of Miley’s “Wrecking Ball” video? It’s not exactly the pinnacle of proper workplace safety precautions.
- In non-Miley news, here’s every piece of Banksy art you missed from the legendary street artist’s trip to New York over the weekend.
- Via Mental Floss: Relax with 5 inventions that enhance laziness.
- Breaking Bad’s cast gets the Simpsons treatment. (Does that mean the meth turns yellow?)
- The government shutdown hasn’t stopped DARPA from advancing this terrifying robot.
What is encryption?
You use encryption everyday—even if you don't realize it.
How the snack stadium went from an Internet joke to a Super Bowl food trend
The man who brought edible food stadiums to the Internet tells its origin story.
The KernelInside the Facebook group for people addicted to QVC
Even in the age of Amazon, the home shopping network has a loyal fandom.Presented by The Kernel
Inside Uber’s showdown at the Super Bowl
You may hate Uber's surge pricing—but your driver probably hates it even more.
Away from football, former NFL execs find new audience on Twitter
'I try to be someone who can lend insight and information and perspective.'
I tried to use Twitter to get signed to the NFL
Put me in, @coach.
For Super Bowl week, even more absolutely hilarious NFL 'Bad Lip Reading'
The referee just has to keep blowing that whistle.
The British bloggers who are reinventing how the NFL coaches
ProFootballFocus.com: used by fans, media... and 19 NFL teams.
How a pair of microchips could transform football into an intricate dance of data
The NFL's technology arms race is about to begin.
Microsoft's Chinese A.I. is already chatting with millions
Microsoft's chat A.I. in China is basically 'Her.'
Drones aren't allowed within 32 miles of the Super Bowl
You can't watch the big game from above.
Apple may soon accept busted iPhones for trade-in credit
Broke no more.
Nintendo has decided to cancel its work on a sleep sensor that nobody ever asked for
Nintendo puts sleep tracking plans to bed.
How one veteran NFL receiver embraced technology to break franchise records
NFL vet talks football future.
Super Bowl linebacker will wear a 3D-printed brace on his recently shattered arm
A defensive player will have a 3D-printed brace.
The Internet hilariously mourns Twitter's planned changes with #RIPTwitter
At least they're being funny about it.