Through Pinterest, U.S. astronaut Karen Nyberg is sharing some amazing photos of life on the International Space Station. Aspects of her and the other astronauts everyday lives that may be boring when they happen here on Earth suddenly seem much cooler when they take place in space.
Two of her most interesting boards are “Food” and “Hair and Space.” These topics may seem ordinary but some of these photos are even more interesting than the amazing views of Earth Nyberg has also pinned.
Looking through these pictures, we learned there is some valuable information you can take away from Nyberg’s pins. Here are 7 of the things we learned from Nyberg about food and hair in space.
1) Not even astronauts can start the day without coffee
2) Weightlessness is very helpful in keeping hair out of your face as you work
3) Dessert is an essential part of your diet—even in space
4) Headbands are needed to keep wall velcro and equipment from sticking to your hair
5) Tomato soup floating on a cracker looks delicious... until you realize it’s supposed to be soup
6) Having long hair that floats makes you the coolest looking person on the space station crew
7) Even fruit looks cooler when it’s weightless
Photos via Karen Nyberg/Pinterest
Texans are adopting dogs in droves to rescue them from flooded animal shelters
Now this is Southern hospitality.75k
This photo of an Army widow at her husband's grave reminds us what Memorial Day is all about
Laureen Lopez-Berry's husband Richard was killed by a car bomb in Afghanistan in 2012.39k
How to play every classic video game on your phone
The best '80s and '90s consoles in the palm of your hand.21k
This 'Bob's Burgers' writer will hate-watch 'Entourage' for charity
She's trying to raise a total of $10,000 for CureSearch.
Tiny bear cubs have the world's cutest wrestling match
Can. Not. Handle. This.8