Daily Dot Jobs
The Daily Dot is looking for a strong contributing editor who can lead and anchor our weekend news operation. This person should not only be well-versed on all of the Daily Dot's various topics of coverage but also be able to think of new, creative angles to pursue such subjects.
The weekend editor will be responsible for managing and directing other staff members and freelance contributors while actively pursuing and promoting stories.
This is a full-time position. The editor will work two additional weekdays, assisting with the general news operation.
Roles and responsibilities
- Find and assign stories to reporters.
- Write, edit, package, and publish stories.
- Promote stories through social media and direct outreach.
- SEnsure the company is on top of breaking news and presenting stories in a way that’s distinct, approachable, and on brand.
- Achieve assigned strategic objectives and develop daily budget.
Desired skills and expertise
- 2+ years of journalism experience
- Familiarity with the Daily Dot brand and Internet culture
- Proven ability to work on deadlines
- Experience working as part of and managing a virtual team a plus
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up/entrepreneurial environment
The Daily Dot offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package based on experience and abilities.
How to apply
Send a cover letter, clips, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Weekend Editor” in the subject line.