Daily Dot Jobs
Politics/Internet Freedom Editor
The Daily Dot is looking for a strong contributing editor who can lead and anchor our Internet Freedom section, which covers everything from Anonymous to the TPP. This person should not only be well-versed on the NSA and Snowden leaks but also be able to think of new, creative angles to pursue such subjects.
Contributing editors supervise reporters and manage daily publication in service of the company’s strategic goals. Their job is to direct reporters to achieve the deepest coverage of their beats and make that coverage accessible to the broadest possible audience.
Roles and responsibilities
- Find and assign stories to reporters.
- Edit, package, and publish stories.
- Write a substantial number of pieces for dailydot.com.
- Supervise reporters in accordance with individual objectives and company strategy.
- Work with senior editors to develop daily budget.
Desired skills and expertise
- 2+ years of journalism experience
- Familiarity with the Daily Dot brand and Internet culture
- Proven ability to work on deadlines
- Experience working as part of and managing a virtual team a plus
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up/entrepreneurial environment
The Daily Dot offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package based on experience and abilities.
How to apply
Send a cover letter, clips, and resume to email@example.com. Reference “Politics/Internet Freedom Editor” in the subject line.