Daily Dot Jobs
The Daily Dot is looking for a confident and experienced writer who is able to report from both the front lines and the dark corners of the Web. That means having the ability to generate quick, sharp news stories with evocative ledes and the desire to delve deeper for more investigative, participatory features. Familiarity with YouTube, Reddit, and other online communities is a plus.
While based in Austin, Texas, the Daily Dot maintains a virtual newsroom.
- Pitching, pursuing, and publishing multiple stories a day.
- Developing a beat strategy and engaging with core communities through social media.
- Develop a conversational, but fun Daily Dot voice for news stories.
- Working with an assigning editor and other members of the editorial team to identify ways to build a larger and more engaged online audience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of journalism experience
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Experience working as part of a virtual team a plus
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up/entrepreneurial environment
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org