Photo via U.S. Department of Agriculture (CC-BY-SA)
Come January, we’re really going to miss Michelle Obama. Sure, Barack has the dad jeans, but Michelle seems like a friendly genius who could help me with my push-up form. Plus, she's probably the most compelling First Lady in recent memory.
Anyway, Michelle Obama just joined Snapchat in an attempt to engage with young people—not that the First Lady seems to have any problem using social media. Here are some of her best moments:
1) That time she completely understood what summer Instagram was meant for: garden envy.
2) That time she said “Turnip for what?” and it made you groan more than any dad joke.
3) That time she remembered that the only reason anyone is on the internet is for cute animal photos.
4) That time she included the likes of Aretha Franklin, Destiny’s Child, and Hamilton on a Spotify playlist.
5) That time she also shared her workout mix and it included freakin’ “Whip My Hair.”
6) That time...just...whatever this dance is.
Presumably, she will be continuing her social media life after she leaves the White House, but if not, let’s try to enjoy her now. Turnip for Michelle Obama.