Do you have a heart made of stone? Find out with the 19-video “No Cry” Challenge on YouTube.
The goal is to make it through all 19 videos without shedding a tear.
The challenge runs its viewers through an emotional gamut of everything from Disney Pixar’s Up and to a Thai life insurance commercial to comedian Andy Griffith’s tragic account of losing his daughter to cancer.
The challenge received a lot of attention Monday after a comment on Reddit linked to the challenge and received over a 1,000 upvotes. The comment was originally posted in a Reddit thread featuring a YouTube video of a scientist’s emotional account of exploring the Titanic.
Many viewers could not even make it through the first video of the challenge.
“I lost on the first one,” said KNessJM in a comment on the original Reddit thread.
“Fell at the very first hurdle,” said MsHumdrummer via a comment on the first YouTube video of the challenge.
Make sure that you have some time set aside for the challenge: the entire 19-video series runs over 80 minutes.
- 1) “The Moth Presents Anthony Griffith: The Best of Times, The Worst of Times”
- 2) “Shane Koyczan, ‘The Crickets Have Arthritis,’ Words Aloud 2007, Canada”
- 3) “Crater Face”
- 4) “Thai Life Insurance CM : ‘Silence of Love’ ( Eng Sub )”
- 5) “Last Minutes with ODEN”
- 6) “‘Danny and Annie’ from StoryCorps”
- 7) “Homeward Bound ending”
- 8) “Soldier homecoming surprise mix”
- 9) “The Lion King-Mufasa's Death Scene”
- 10) “Toy Story 3 - The Furnace”
- 11) “Favorite Pixar's Up scene ever - Ellie and Carl's relationship through time, Sad scene”
- 12) “Most Inspirational & Saddest Video Ever...”
- 13) “The best scene from ‘The Iron Giant’”
- 14) “Loyal Dog stays by deceased owner's side”
- 15) “Marley & Me”
- 16) “My Dog Skip - The Last Scene”
- 17) “Sad Scene From The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”
- 18) “Seeing my dog the day I got back from Afghanistan”
- 19) “Shane Koyczan - Move Pen Move”
Photo by Arturo J. Paniagua
The Obama administration just took Cuba off the terrorism list
Congress could have objected, but it didn't.5.3k
Scientists created jumping robotic cheetahs because they've never seen a sci-fi movie
Well, we had a good run.14k
Look at these photos of a tiny baby elephant being reunited with its mom
How Silk Road's Ross Ulbricht compares to other famous drug kingpins
On balance, Ulbricht might seem like a standup guy.
Teens reacting to classic '90s sitcoms will make you feel ancient
You're old. Your TV shows are old. Go to bed!2.0k