The Daily Dot's fitness challenge: A guide to body-moving memes
Limber up, memefiends, image macros aren’t for the typical couchsitter anymore. (Unless, course, you’re draping, but that’s so season three.)
Now, with the Daily Dot’s fitness challenge, we’ve packaged this past year’s most active memes into a easy-to-use routine! Load up some Rick Astley on the boombox, take the sneaker off your head (then put it on your foot), and get ready to Sweat To The Memes™.
- Step 1: Find a particularly soft spot on the floor. Or up some stairs. Or atop a tiger. Or across a police car.
- Step 2: Lay your body flat, arms at your side, face flat. Clench your abs tightly, becoming a prisoner of your own plank.
- Step 3: Try not to breathe.
- Step 4: Do this until someone takes a picture of you and puts it on Reddit. Or until you die. Try not to die.
- Step 1: Have complete and utter faith in God. (Does this not apply to you? You can still Tebow. Just don’t tell anyone and think really hard about touchdowns. Really hard.)
- Step 2: Lunge forward slowly, feeling the God running through your quads.
- Step 3: Lower one knee to the ground.
- Step 4: Place your most holy arm atop your bent knee. Let your fist hit your bent head.
- Step 5: Drop your other hand by your side. Think about how great you’ll look in a Google Images search.
- Step 1: Look around you and find somewhere higher up than you are. Get creative.
- Step 2: Climb atop your “perch,” using your various leg and arm muscles to pop a squat.
- Step 3: Like an owl, remain in your perched position and think about your friends defriending you across all your shared social networks. Gaze thoughtfully into the distance.
- Step 1: Just do some jumping jacks, man. This is such a forced meme.
When this baby elephant collapsed, the rest of the herd knew what to do
Elephants never leave a friend behind.22k
Loving dog owner takes his dying best friend on a bucket list road trip
You've been a good boy, Poh. A good, good boy.12k
Fisherman has the fight of his life with 552-pound goliath grouper
This is his white whale.8.1k
Amazon might start selling groceries
Amazon is hungry for a new market.
Teens reacting to classic '90s sitcoms will make you feel ancient
You're old. Your TV shows are old. Go to bed!1.6k