Dotted Lines: "Tumblr: The Musical"
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- The U.S. government says it can freeze Megaupload’s assets even if the case against the file-sharing site and its top executives is dismissed.
- The Atlantic Wire asks, “What would a cyberwar really look like?”
- Google apparently failed to delete personal data its Street View vehicles inadvertently collected from people’s Wi-Fi hotspots, despite being ordered to do so back in 2010.
- That didn’t take long: Chick-fil-A defender and alleged sockpuppet “Abby Farle” is now a meme.
- The Black Hat hacker conference just wrapped up in Las Vegas, and the New York Times has the highlights.
- Heads up, FarmVille addicts: Zynga execs are currently under investigation for SEC violations after the company’s stock took a dip.
Above: Hank Green of Vlogbrothers presents “Tumblr: The Musical.”
Kentucky man shoots down drone spying on 16-year-old daughter
Drone pilots take notice: The world is not your playground.
Walter Palmer, Cecil the Lion's killer, may be extradited to Zimbabwe
Illegally killing a lion in Zimbabwe carries a 10-year prison sentence.
Jon Stewart and Louis C.K. did surprise standup sets at New York's Comedy Cellar
Jon Stewart briefly returned to his first job in entertainment.
Secret NSA map pinpoints China's U.S. cyberattack victims
Is your state on the list?
9 of the most entertaining clips from the AP's impressive new YouTube archive
A look back at the nostalgic, the historic, and the overtly sexist.
How Baghdad Girl survived the Iraq war with a blog about kittens
Cats over Baghdad.
Ronda Rousey pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper on Instagram
'Rowdy' Roddy Piper died Thursday, leaving behind a legendary pro-wrestling legacy.
Obama to retaliate against China's alleged hacks
The OPM hack compromised the data of more than 20 million Americans.
How Portals is forging connections in the most unlikely places
Part art installation and part social experiment, these gold shipping containers are wired and ready to recapture the random intimacy we’ve lost.
Hyperwalk is the latest in teen transportation
From Vine stars to the YouNow elite, Hyperwalks were everywhere in Anaheim.
VidCon's Creator track wants to foster the next generation of YouTube stars
New programming fills the void between what Community means at VidCon and what Industry feels like.
Pastel hair was the literal highlight of VidCon 2015
Soft grunge hair was all the rage.
Hank Green on the future of VidCon and his own creative goals
Five questions with Hank Green.
Connor Franta's new label focuses on music curated by digital influencers
Franta has already tested out the concept.
Of content and controversy at VidCon 2015
Content creation is king—but the biggest YouTube convention around knows change is key too.