Dotted Lines: Improv Everywhere's 9th annual "Mp3 Experiment"
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- The guy who created the insanely popular #NBCfail hashtag tells Mashable, “I rarely use hashtags.”
- In the increasingly competitive world of crowdfunding, Kickstarter projects have started hiring professional consultants to help them reach their goals.
- Facebook’s Timeline is coming, whether users like it or not. The company plans to complete the Timeline rollout by this fall.
- Microsoft’s new Outlook.com email service might give Gmail a run for its money.
- Investors, take note: Twitter has introduced “cashtags,” clickable stock symbols preceded by a “$”.
- Tumblr’s Storyboard kicks off a new series: “The Month in Charts,” as drawn by the I Love Charts team.
Above: Improv Everywhere’s ninth annual “Mp3 Experiment”—a flashmob where participants take direction from a synchronized mp3 file—culminated in a massive water gun fight on Governor’s Island in New York City.
When this baby elephant collapsed, the rest of the herd knew what to do
Elephants never leave a friend behind.20k
Loving dog owner takes his dying best friend on a bucket list road trip
You've been a good boy, Poh. A good, good boy.10k
J.K. Rowling burned the Westboro Baptist Church so hard that it's not even funny
J.K. Rowling won't tolerate homophobes on Twitter.8.9k
Crowdfunded film 'Kung Fury' is nothing but 1980s B-movie nostalgia—and that's the point
If you lived for 1980s action films while growing up, this movie is for you.
Your definitive guide to the best robot butts
Thick, toned and metal.26