Dotted Lines: Improv Everywhere's 9th annual "Mp3 Experiment"
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- The guy who created the insanely popular #NBCfail hashtag tells Mashable, “I rarely use hashtags.”
- In the increasingly competitive world of crowdfunding, Kickstarter projects have started hiring professional consultants to help them reach their goals.
- Facebook’s Timeline is coming, whether users like it or not. The company plans to complete the Timeline rollout by this fall.
- Microsoft’s new Outlook.com email service might give Gmail a run for its money.
- Investors, take note: Twitter has introduced “cashtags,” clickable stock symbols preceded by a “$”.
- Tumblr’s Storyboard kicks off a new series: “The Month in Charts,” as drawn by the I Love Charts team.
Above: Improv Everywhere’s ninth annual “Mp3 Experiment”—a flashmob where participants take direction from a synchronized mp3 file—culminated in a massive water gun fight on Governor’s Island in New York City.
Japan accepts U.S. giant-robot battle challenge
What a time to be alive.8.1k
The Philae comet lander may have discovered alien life
Don't get too excited just yet. The findings haven't been verified.3.3k
U.S. women win first World Cup since '99
The Americans ride Carli Lloyd's hat trick for World Cup title.1.9k
Social video app Beet isn’t a Snapchat rival
It's not Snapchat—and that's a good thing.
Counter-Strike squad affNity signs with 3sUP
3sUP is best know for its Call of Duty outings.98