Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- The guy who created the insanely popular #NBCfail hashtag tells Mashable, “I rarely use hashtags.”
- In the increasingly competitive world of crowdfunding, Kickstarter projects have started hiring professional consultants to help them reach their goals.
- Facebook’s Timeline is coming, whether users like it or not. The company plans to complete the Timeline rollout by this fall.
- Microsoft’s new Outlook.com email service might give Gmail a run for its money.
- Investors, take note: Twitter has introduced “cashtags,” clickable stock symbols preceded by a “$”.
- Tumblr’s Storyboard kicks off a new series: “The Month in Charts,” as drawn by the I Love Charts team.
Above: Improv Everywhere’s ninth annual “Mp3 Experiment”—a flashmob where participants take direction from a synchronized mp3 file—culminated in a massive water gun fight on Governor’s Island in New York City.