Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Now that Google has been ousted as the default mapping service on Apple devices, the company may be working on a standalone maps app for iPhone and iPad.
- A Skyline, Wash. high school shut down Thursday because of a gun threat posted on 4chan’s /b/ board.
- In other 4chan news, the site is offering its first-ever paid subscription plan. For $20 a year, you can post without having to solve a CAPTCHA.
- A very scientific (read: not scientific) Internet poll declares “diphthong” the best word ever.
- Google+, recently described as a “ghost town,” is alive and well, recently passing the 400 million user mark, with a reported 100 million monthly active users.
Above: An employee of radio station Power 105.1 shows rapper DMX how to Google himself for the first time. Welcome to the Internet! (For the record, Dark Man X has previously used Google on his phone, although he takes issue with the company’s silly name.)