Dotted Lines: "The Human Jukebox"
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- The Internet Archive has made much of its free, legal content available in the form of more than 1.4 million torrent files.
- How did footage of the Curiosity Mars Rover become the subject of multiple copyright claims under YouTube’s Content ID system?
- The world’s most adorable dog, Boo the Pomeranian, has millions of Facebook fans. Boo also has a secret: his owner is a Facebook employee.
- BitCoin-powered online drug market Silk Road has become a booming business, racking up $22 million in annual sales.
- Meet the tweeters behind the Curiosity Mars Rover’s official Twitter account.
- Speaking of Curiosity, it didn’t shoot this stunning Mars panorama, which has been retweeted nearly 3,000 times. The panorama was constructed from images captured by an earlier rover, Opportunity.
Above: The musical masterminds at CDZA form a human jukebox, playing requests on the fly for passersby.
When this baby elephant collapsed, the rest of the herd knew what to do
Elephants never leave a friend behind.10k
J.K. Rowling burned the Westboro Baptist Church so hard that it's not even funny
J.K. Rowling won't tolerate homophobes on Twitter.8.0k
Fisherman has the fight of his life with 552-pound goliath grouper
This is his white whale.5.0k
It's the 5-year anniversary of 'Forever Alone'—so, are you still alone?
On the Internet, five years is forever.
Your definitive guide to the best robot butts
Thick, toned and metal.23