Dotted Lines: "Every Major's Terrible"
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Facebook is now the second most popular destination on the Web for streaming video.
- How a 1973 Playboy pic of Lena Soderbergh, aka “Lenna,” became one of the most-used photos on the early Internet.
- A 1988 law that keeps video rental records private also applies to your viewing habits on streaming video services, as Hulu found out the hard way in a privacy lawsuit.
- A new Twitter app called Uncertain Rainbow removes profile names and pictures from Twitter, replacing them with "colors, words, and uncertainty" instead.
- New meme alert: Office Thoughts. It's all about working hard (or hardly working).
- An app that strips Instagram photos of their faux-vintage filters turns out to work on actual old photos, too.
FBI raids dental software researcher who discovered private patient data on public server
Justin Shafer reported a flaw in a company's system. Then the FBI came knocking.
Are men OK?: GoateeSaver edition
Don't pretend this isn't a beauty tool.
Save the world, save money on meds, and make your head explode with this week's best apps
Hero Emblems is already one of the best games on iOS.
New image upload feature on Reddit will allow for uncompressed photos and GIFs
This relationship just got awkward.
How to make your own on-demand geofilters for Snapchat
Impress everyone within a 200-feet radius.
MySpace may have been hacked and never told its users about it
This definitely isn't in anyone's top 8.
Facebook's ads will now follow you around the web
A small change will show Facebook ads to everyone.
16 unicorn accessories to make life more magical
Growing up just means you can buy all the unicorn stuff you want without asking.
14 baby accessories that automatically make you the cool aunt or uncle
Be a cool aunt or uncle, not a regular one.
6 giant lawn games to play at your next party
Like you, games have grown up too.