Dotted Lines: "Apple Kills Star Trek"
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Craigslist is testing a maps feature after banning third-party developers from doing the same thing.
- Clueful, the security software that Apple barred from its app store, returns as a web app.
- The State of California gives Facebook’s buyout of Instagram its blessing in a fairness hearing, leaving the companies free and clear to complete the deal.
- A New Zealand court has agreed to unfreeze $4.83 million of Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom’s funds, with $800,000 set aside for legal expenses.
- Mitt Romney’s campaign becomes the first to buy a Twitter trending topic.
Above: HAL9000’s Apple-mocking Star Trek: The Next Generation parody has quietly been on YouTube since Nov. 2011, and it suddenly racked up nearly 200,000 views after Apple won its patent suit against Samsung this week.