Dotted Lines: The 8-bit Olympic Games
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Do real name policies actually improve comments? Evidence from South Korea suggests they don’t.
- HyperVocal collects the best tweets from the best Olympics parody account, @NBCDelayed.
- Starting Tuesday, you’ll be able to video chat via Google+ Hangouts from within Gmail.
- Digg has returned from its hiatus with a brand-new design and a new algorithm that takes other social networks into account.
- Google Street View: now available in ASCII.
- Bieber and Gaga may rule Twitter, but the most-liked human being on Facebook is Eminem. The only things more popular than the rapper are YouTube, Texas Hold ‘Em Poker, and Facebook itself.
Above: The animators at Flikli.com present the 8-bit Olympic Games
Confederate flag parade goes beautifully wrong
They earned it.7.5k
Texas' attorney general says county clerks can refuse to marry gay couples
Texas' top law-enforcement official isn't giving up.5.6k
Rick Astley's 'Uptown Funk' cover is better than a rickroll
We're glad we never gave up Astley.4.3k
7 things to do with your extra 'leap second'
Don't waste it.
Internal problems plagued Copenhagen Wolves prior to leaks
Players approached Riot Games about the possibility taking the LCS spot away from the organization last year.203