photo via stockvault (CC-BY)
With back-to-school season around the corner, it’s the most dreadful time of the year for college students: textbook season.
Regardless of your major or which university you attend, purchasing textbooks doesn’t come easy for anyone. Between the millions of versions of what should be the same textbook, the add-on CDs and information guides required by professors and of course, the costly nature of the books, it’s as if textbook publishers have it out for college students.
Lucky for us millennials, the internet can help us combat this saga with resale and discount textbook sites. But how can you verify the condition or version of the textbook, or guarantee the seller even has it to ship? And what about returns and exchanges? What was supposed to help you save some cash, could actually end up costing you big time.
You shouldn't have to spend every paycheck you’ve earned this summer on textbooks. Instead, try one of these bargain-hunting websites. You’re guaranteed to save on the stuff you need, so you can spend your money where you want...like the bar.
1) CheggWith Chegg, you can save up to 90 percent on new and used textbooks and ebooks. They even offer an internship matching service if you’re having trouble finding one or aren’t sure where to start.
2) TextbooksAlong with more major savings on new and used textbooks and ebooks, Textbooks.com offers free returns for up to 30 days after you make your purchase, just in case something changes.
Thriftbooks offers great deals on used textbooks, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, and even VHS. They don’t even charge you for shipping if your order is over $10 and you live in the U.S.
4) BookbyteBookbyte brings used textbook deals right to your doorstep. Daily Dot readers get an exclusive code for an extra 5 percent off. Use code: DailyDot5 at checkout to claim your exclusive deal. The coupon code expires September 2nd.
5) RentbooksLooking for a cheap rental? Rentbooks can help you save up to 95 percent on college textbooks.
6) AmazonWith Amazon, you can do more than just sift through discounted new and used textbooks, you can actually rent them. Late to the book-buying game? No worries. You can get your books in two days with Amazon Prime.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- The Happy Kit is the perfect care package for stoners
- 15 geeky dorm accessories to brighten your tiny room
- 9 essential kitchen tools every college student needs
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.